Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson (1958-2009)


Michael Jackson (Aug 29,1958 - June25, 2009)

Michael Jackson passed away today at his Holmby Hills home after suffering from cardiac arrest. He was 50.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate him for an hour but were unable to obtain a pulse. He left behind 3 children, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.



I honestly couldn't believe it. I got the news this afternoon through Fran, who texted "dude Michael Jackson's dead". I refused to believe it. It was only when i watched CNN and BBC that it finally hit me - the "King of Pop" is dead. 


He was a legend, and his album "Thriller" sold over 100million copies and is the biggest selling album to date. He was initially planning a comeback tour with a concert on the 13th of July and the 50 others next year, but did not survive to make that happen.



I still remember that it was only 2months ago when Syaz, Cristal and I watched a DVD of his concert, and it reminded me of how good he really is. Syaz even mentioned that she'd pay whatever amount just to watch him perform live again. He was a legend. An icon. An idol.



My prayers are with you Michael Jackson, Rest In Peace. Your legacy shall remain.



No comments: